Make some connections from the textbook to the articles, using quotations and references.
OK. Henry says this assignment is too vague. I will try to be more explicit. Graff makes a number of points in the chapter for this week. Using at least one point made in the reading (39-63), find at least one example from either of the two articles for the week, and use quotations and references from each source.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Week 5 quiz
ReplyDeleteThe textbook offers advice on how to cite quotes correctly and how to agree/disagree or both with arguments. The articles on the other hand consist or elbow and Bartholomae having a conversation, their audience are academics and peers of the writing community. The textbook and the articles have totally two different audiences one of them is the teacher and the other is the student. I think I can build a bridge between the two.
I can say that both of these texts are alike in the sense that both are for correcting students in the writing area. On the one hand the articles are for teachers, helping them, informing them of conflicts in the writing and academic community. And on the other hand the textbook offers student or just basic writers helpful tips on how to incorporate their idea and enhance them, and attempt to get rid of devious habituation brought upon by previous discourse.
In one way I find it helpful reading both perspectives, one from the academic point of view, and the other from the reader’s point of view. When I talk about academics and writers I mean; academics in the sense that they are the people the articles are retaliated, teachers, academic educators such as elbow and Bartholomae. And the writers I would be referring to the students such as I, i think I can say that the person or entity that makes that connection is the textbook, because it’s like someone read elbow and Bartholomae articles and is trying to help us, the students and answer the academic’s outcries.
Reading both point of view answers some of the academics dilemma, but not all. I would like to conclude with a solid conclusion by making a clear and visible connection but the assignment was too vague.