Cameron Miller Dr. Chailaire English 1301.20 Q & R CCC While reading these articles I was thinking of several things to be writing on this q&r. So I am going to try my best on covering them all or atleast some from all of them. The first was the one by Bartholomae. For starters, I do not know if I am a little tired of this topic or my unbiased opinion is “Why is the first year so important?”. I know first year is the building block it is the corner stone, but it seems like they are debating on which side of the deep end to throw fyc in on. I think to myself why can’t they just introduce students to before and second year will be for the further education on academic writing or on the writer himself. Why could not the first year be on the writer so they can find out what kind of writer they are and how to best pull out the author within the first year college student. And the second year can be left for the academic in the student sounds like a pretty well rounded kid to me. I just do not really see why it is so important for their first year needs to be so crucial. Next is the article by Bialostosky, I kind of agree with him that its been five years and they are still talking about this. i think its about time to move on. If nothing can get solved or nothing new has come out of it then it is about that time to pick up something new. Maybe it is because he is a tad bit jealous that they after five years are still getting all this attention and he is not. I am not in that circle so I would not really know. But I do see why Elbow and Bartholomae keep doing this. Everyone does it to a certain extent. When you get stumped you talk it out and it will help think it through or talk to someone that is from the same area and getting a different opinion helps also. And even if you talk to two people about it and they have good opinions just not the answer you are lokking for so you keeping searching. That might have happened between them that is why they keep questioning and talking about it. And now Bishop, she makes a couple good points the first thing I liked was that it seemed like she was sticking up for the students and not like everyone else. They all seem like our parents thinking about us but thinking whats in our best interest. It seemed like she was talking like she is one of us. Another thing I liked she mentioned how she revised and revised and it came out good. I just liked that she did that. And I am not sure if she really meant this but it seemed to me like she was saying this debate they are having is centuries old not just five years old as Don would say. She claims it has already been done. We just need to live within what has been setup for us. Just make it better, more detailed and more extensive. She makes good points in her writing on all these things.
what do you mean?
ReplyDeletewhat are we suppose to do on this assignment?
Cameron Miller
ReplyDeleteDr. Chailaire
English 1301.20
Q & R CCC
While reading these articles I was thinking of several things to be writing on this q&r. So I am going to try my best on covering them all or atleast some from all of them. The first was the one by Bartholomae. For starters, I do not know if I am a little tired of this topic or my unbiased opinion is “Why is the first year so important?”. I know first year is the building block it is the corner stone, but it seems like they are debating on which side of the deep end to throw fyc in on. I think to myself why can’t they just introduce students to before and second year will be for the further education on academic writing or on the writer himself. Why could not the first year be on the writer so they can find out what kind of writer they are and how to best pull out the author within the first year college student. And the second year can be left for the academic in the student sounds like a pretty well rounded kid to me. I just do not really see why it is so important for their first year needs to be so crucial.
Next is the article by Bialostosky, I kind of agree with him that its been five years and they are still talking about this. i think its about time to move on. If nothing can get solved or nothing new has come out of it then it is about that time to pick up something new. Maybe it is because he is a tad bit jealous that they after five years are still getting all this attention and he is not. I am not in that circle so I would not really know. But I do see why Elbow and Bartholomae keep doing this. Everyone does it to a certain extent. When you get stumped you talk it out and it will help think it through or talk to someone that is from the same area and getting a different opinion helps also. And even if you talk to two people about it and they have good opinions just not the answer you are lokking for so you keeping searching. That might have happened between them that is why they keep questioning and talking about it.
And now Bishop, she makes a couple good points the first thing I liked was that it seemed like she was sticking up for the students and not like everyone else. They all seem like our parents thinking about us but thinking whats in our best interest. It seemed like she was talking like she is one of us. Another thing I liked she mentioned how she revised and revised and it came out good. I just liked that she did that. And I am not sure if she really meant this but it seemed to me like she was saying this debate they are having is centuries old not just five years old as Don would say. She claims it has already been done. We just need to live within what has been setup for us. Just make it better, more detailed and more extensive. She makes good points in her writing on all these things.