I beleive opinions and ideas from others can be really useful if taken as a helpful gesture rather than as critisizing. It helps us see where we stand and helps us look at the way we write from different perspectives. Therefore, when you go back to writing, for example, you might think more in depth on what you could add or the ceratin way you put your words together. If you think your work is good the way it is, more power to you, but I beleive outside opinions are always helpful no matter the situation.
In this introduction she mentions a few lines that I agreed with when I compared it to my own views. " You need to share your work with supportive readers(peers, friends, family) on the road to learninig to share with more demanding critics. You need to learn to forgive yourself and play..." Outside views may be seeing things you may not be seeing, and if you catch on to those certain things that could make your work that much better. Thus, evolving the kind of writer you are and making a posible better outcome.
Friday, February 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment