According to the descriptions of various approaches to revision presented on page vi of the Introduction (see paragraph one), what kind of reviser are you? What do you think about Bishop's argument.
I personally believe I am a single drafter. I'd like to think my work is good, and most of the time i think before I write so not much is found wrong. I also believe her argument was good. Writers should review their writing but not let their insecurities get to them. They should be creative yet make it a good, clean essay.
I believe I am a single drafter. I tend to think that what I'm doing is good, therefore I continue writing without going back to revise it. I agree with Bishop's argument because although I personally don't really revise my work I believe it is important to check errors on our writing. We might think our work is correct but others may think otherwise.
I believe I am more like Virginia Woolf. I tend to know what I am going to write as I am beginning to write. I agree with Bishop's argument. I personally don't like to revise, but like she says in her book, we do it without even noticing it. I do agree with her that revising is important. I mean who would want to read a book full of mistakes?
I think I am a single drafter. I hate to go back and revise. I always think ahead of what I'm going to actually put down on paper. I do go back and delete mistakes, but I have never really changed any part of any of my essays. I do need to revise more, but I just don't like to do it. I guess I only write for myself then.
I personally am somebody who knows the ending before i start to write. I think that there were many good points made and a lot of useful information that could be used. It is easy for someone to revise an essay that is not thiers because they didn't put all the effort into writing it.
I am more like Annie Dillard. I always tend to write, put all my ideas on paper before I even begin to start worrying about how well it is or when it is due. Usually i know the ending of my writing before I start writing the beginning. Most of the time my writing needs a lot of work but I don't worry about to much because I know that somehow all my work will fit and mesh together.
I feel i am a romantic drafter. I'm not afraid to just go for it and write all i need in order to get my points and ideas across. I am my own inspiration when it comes to writing and that's why i enjoy it so much. I agree with her argument because nobody's perfect, we can all use some criticism whether we find it useful or not.
By reading all the different types of approaches to revision I believe I am the rebel. I really don't like anyone telling me how to write. Bishop puts it, "Or you can try again,new, with each draft, or not revise at all." Bishop does have a good point when she says that if i adopt this style of writing I run the risk of not being read at all. However, if writing what I like enjoy writing makes me happy I'm sure that my revisions will be good enough that I will attract an audience.
I am like amy tan, i have go through many rough drafts before i get a finished project. but i think that is a good thing because practice makes best. i rework and re edit several times. i agree with bishop, one must not be afraid to experiment with writing. we should take creative criticism very lightly and not personal. embrace the peer comments and next time learn from your mistakes.
Depending on the type of writing I'm doing can change the way I revise my work. For instance, when I write essays and pieces that are based on work, or school, or even something to research will make me usually become a single drafter type of person. On the other hand, if it was a writing that I admired or something I was simply writing out of fun, I would go back to revise and rethink on ideas to make my story or work better and more appealing. Overall I think the person that may describe me the most would be Annie Dillard, since I just write and worry about it later.
I agree with Bishop's argument. I always make sure to go back and revise my work, I make sure that I don't have any mistakes and have my grammar correctly. I worry to much on getting my work done perfectly, that I don't like to spend too much time writing an essay if it going to be wrong, therefore even though I don't like to revise I still do it.
I would have to say that i fall into Amy Tan's category. I usually need to rework initial rough drafts before i get to the final draft. Im never okay with what i write so therefore i always go back and change things up. As for Wendy Bishop's argument, i highly agree with her. It is always important to go back and revise your work, at least once, to make sure there are no simple errors and to make sure your actually getting your point out right.
I strongly believe I am a romantic. I am usually unable to write without some type of inspiration, or at least talking about the topic at hand first. I like to think myself as a perfectionist, I am rarely satisfied by my work. I agree with the view that Bishop has on revision, we as student should not be afraid of sharing our work. We should embrace constructive criticism and learn to be creative and less careful when writing our drafts. The more we write the more we have to choose from, take what you need and discard what you don't.
I believe I am a single drafter because I tend to go back in every sentence and try to make sure nothing is misspelled or needs work. By the time I finish the essay I tend to have little mistakes.
I think that I'm a Pragmatist like Annie Dillard, because just write, and worry later. When I'm writing I just make sure that I'm in the right topic and that I'm filling the page. When I have finished my work, I just go back and revise it because I worry about the mistakes that I have done. I agree with the editor, Wendy Bishop, because we need to correct our mistakes so you can get better, and in order for that you need to revise and also that other people criticize your work.
I would say that I'm a single writer when it comes to a topic that I know. I believe its easy to write something creative when you know what are you going to talk about. I don't really get that much mistakes when I write, but I always try to put my ideas into a paper, write my draft and then once I finish I re-write everything, adding new ideas, discard some others that I didn't like or correcting the mistakes that I notice. Therefore, to make a better draft, and get the less amount of mistakes. I'm not looking to have a perfect draft with no mistakes, but to learn from every mistake, and get better.
I believe i am more like Virginia Woolf. I pretty much know what I'm going to write once I start and as I'm going if more ideas come up I just go back and add them. I tend do write just one draft but I do go back and revise but usually just find small mistakes. I do agree with Bishop's argument. We shouldn't be afraid to share our work or ideas because if you don't try you will never know if its good or bad. Getting others opinion can make your work sound better and learn what to do or not to do for the next time.
I'm an Annie Dillard just write, worry later. I have to write and keep going to see what kind of different ideas i can write down on paper.I don't worry about my mistakes while in the process or it making sense. When i'm done that's when i go back and pick out what i can keep or get rid off and fix all my mistakes.I agree with Bishops, revision is a must to have a great piece of work.
I believe I am a single drafter because I tend to go back in every sentence and try to make sure nothing is misspelled or needs work. When I finish my work I tend to have little to no mistakes. I will most likely not change my way of revising but Bishop's way is can be very successful because you read it many more times.
I personally am a single drafter its takes me a real hard time admit that my writing still needs some work. When i start to write i honestly think i am writing a masterpiece, i will go on and on getting into my own little mood of writing where i cant stop. Yet in the end I look back and i see error after error, and since i can be so lazy i pick the easy way out and every one knows what that is. the (abc) check, i really hope this year can change my reaction towards revising and hopefully become more of a Bishop instead of an Amy Tan.
I personally believe I am like Amy Tan. I usually always go back and forth trying to revise everything, making sure I didn't make any major mistakes or rewriting from the first paragraph till the ending until they're complete. I know myself and my writing and usually when i'm sitting down thinking what to write next, I always have to go back and re-edit anything that I missed out on. Sometimes I don't always revise because of certain reasons, but I still try my best at it when it comes to writing essays.
I think that as a writer, I am like Amy Tan, I try to write a good first draft, but I always have to go back, revise, and rewrite drafts with the help of the opinions of others to make my writings better. I don't think that my first drafts would ever be acceptable as they are and that I should always try to improve them. I also think that I am in many ways like Virginia Woolf, I contemplate and learn more about the subject I am writing as I write it. My ideas continually change and develop, and I try to go back many times to change them and make them better.
i am a person that has to rework initial rough drafts. i never really like the drafts that i do and i completely rewrite the whole essay till i find it to be "good" to show to other peers or teachers.
I tend to believe that i am a single drafter. i feel as if my initial paper is good enough and doesn't need a lot of revising. In reality i know my paper does need a lot of work before its turned in. saying all this i feel like im a single drafter, but really im a writer who needs to revise and edit my work. i agree with Bishop in the sense that we need to constantly look over are work and receive feedback from others.
I feel im more like Amy Tan because i always rewrite my essays as much as i can when its possible. I think that Bishop's arguement is good because every time we revise our work we make it better.
I am for the most part a single draft writer, mostly because I have the tendancy to write only once I'm certain of what it is I want to say. In some cases when I'm unsure of the topic at hand I will take more time to revise and improve my paper to the best of my ability.
I consider myself as a single drafter because i never re-edit my essays. To me i think that the forst time i did okay. Might not be all true but i feel that the best work is what you write when you are thinking about it. Right then and there
For me it depends on what it is i am doing. A page essay single draft, a five page research paper i will have no life. But for the most part I agree with everyone else, first time will always be the best most truthful thing you will write. No point in going back to alter what you naturally think to make it suit someone else.
I think i am a single drafter, because before i write a sentence i expend a lot of time organizing my ideas. i think too much when writing a paper i always want to do it perfectly at the first time, so i don't have to edit it at the end. I had to admit that once for a class i was required to go to the writing center to revise my work and i really saw the difference that revision did to my paper.
i would say i am more like Amy Tan, because i always think to much on what to write about. i would write a paragraph and revise it till it makes sence. when i would finish with the essay i do the same thing i revise it and take it to others so they could help me out. because i am not that good in writing and the help of others helps me see my mistakes and what things i could do to improve my essay.
I am a single drafter, mainly because of my chronic laziness. I write essays and do not go back to revise them because, although it may not be perfect, i believe it is good enough to get me by. Although what i am contradicts what the argument says, i agree with the argument. The way you see your paper, as your writing it, is just a bunch of random thoughts put together to make an essay and you may not realize that it is faulty. You should go back and reread and correct what you write because that will help you to see mistakes you may have not noticed while writing the paper.
I believe I am more like Virginia Woolf. she likes to know what she is going to write about before she starts, like brainstorming in your head. I like to know what I am going to write down on a piece of paper before i actually write it down. I agree with Bishop's argument because I personally don't like to revise but like she says in her book, we do it without even noticing it, every time we erase a word or a punctuation all the little things are revising and you may not know it. I agree with bishop about revising being important. If it doesnt make sense to you, do you think it will make sense to the audience reading your written work? We are all humans and we all make mistakes and it does help to revise a paper before turning it in. Revising could make a big difference as in getting an A or a B-.
Some writers who are just beginning believe that a first draft is perfect. This may be fine for some situations but in most it can be far from the truth. "If you like to write for yourself only, that is a different matter- you can make it any length, and write it in any way you wish; but then you will probably have to be content with the pleasure alone of having written it." She implies if you don't revise you will be the only one reading it. Giving your paper a purpose will give people a reason to read it. Having someone else revise your paper can lead to more detailed ideas for your purpose. Therefore, a good explanation for the motto "two heads are better than one." Not revising your work may lead to a conflicted audience. Having a genre will lead to a clearer purpose and a defined audience. Revision is needed for all authors because people make mistakes. So why is revision so important?
I definatly agree with Annie Dillard. When i write a paper my brain is exploding with ideas, Therefore, i always have to gather all information on a piece of paper. For me writting is a little reversed. I always know the ending of the story before i get started so i start from the bottem up. I also like Amy Tan's arguement because i find myself revising my papers all the time. I don't look so much for grammatical errors. I search more for filling in the blanks. My biggest question when revising is, did i get the point across?
I would be a single drafter writer. I’m not a very good writer so I try to spend as little to no time as possible with writing. One way of doing that is being a single drafter writer, just write the paper once forget about it and pray you get an A. Bishop's argument to me is very new and a little a scary, the idea of going over every piece of writing you do to get it better and better seems like a never ending process. I think It might be a little too much writing for me.
If anything I am an Amy Tan. It takes more than three times to rewrite an essay to make me pleased with it. I am very picky with my words which is why my first drafts usually have more scribbles than actual words. What I mainly do is write my first draft with a kind of casual writing, just to get me started. Then I rewrite it with better grammer and vocabulary until I get it perfect. Its a long process but I'm always pleased with my work and my grade.
To enrich and upgrade your writing you must revise. Whether you spend hours or a even few minutes revising, your ideas result in better developed ideas. Revision occurs in human nature and without out it we cannot move further. I believe everyone knows it’s the best and more the responsible thing to do, it just so happens I don’ t revise. Wardle explains why a writer often postpones or avoids revision. I stoped and looked at myself, and every important choice I have ever made, and hated myself. Why don’t I strive for better when I understand what better can do for me? This article puzzled me and I believe I was no where near the vicinity of my potiental. The day man discovered fire to the day of today, revision has played an important role in our progress.
In reading the introduction of "Acts of Revision" Eat Like an Owl I found myself agreeing with Bishop in reference to revising our work. When she asks what kind of writer are you I found myself answering that I am like a melting pot for most of the writing types. I "rework my initial rough draft", I "learn what I want to say as I write", and I "gather information that other sources provide"(vi). But I guess I am most like Paul Valery "somewhere in between"(vi).
Danika I agree with you in that I too have to rewrite my work three or more times. However, I usually try to write my first draft as though it is the one I will turn in so that I make it sound professional but I do not really worry too much about the grammar or spelling until I finish with the first draft. Then that is when I go back and read and revise and then I continue to revise until I am satisfied or I feel I can not revise anymore.
I personally believe I am a single drafter. I'd like to think my work is good, and most of the time i think before I write so not much is found wrong. I also believe her argument was good. Writers should review their writing but not let their insecurities get to them. They should be creative yet make it a good, clean essay.
ReplyDeleteI believe I am a single drafter. I tend to think that what I'm doing is good, therefore I continue writing without going back to revise it. I agree with Bishop's argument because although I personally don't really revise my work I believe it is important to check errors on our writing. We might think our work is correct but others may think otherwise.
ReplyDeleteI believe I am more like Virginia Woolf. I tend to know what I am going to write as I am beginning to write. I agree with Bishop's argument. I personally don't like to revise, but like she says in her book, we do it without even noticing it. I do agree with her that revising is important. I mean who would want to read a book full of mistakes?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think I am a single drafter. I hate to go back and revise. I always think ahead of what I'm going to actually put down on paper. I do go back and delete mistakes, but I have never really changed any part of any of my essays. I do need to revise more, but I just don't like to do it. I guess I only write for myself then.
ReplyDeleteI personally am somebody who knows the ending before i start to write. I think that there were many good points made and a lot of useful information that could be used. It is easy for someone to revise an essay that is not thiers because they didn't put all the effort into writing it.
ReplyDeleteI am more like Annie Dillard. I always tend to write, put all my ideas on paper before I even begin to start worrying about how well it is or when it is due. Usually i know the ending of my writing before I start writing the beginning. Most of the time my writing needs a lot of work but I don't worry about to much because I know that somehow all my work will fit and mesh together.
ReplyDeleteI feel i am a romantic drafter. I'm not afraid to just go for it and write all i need in order to get my points and ideas across. I am my own inspiration when it comes to writing and that's why i enjoy it so much. I agree with her argument because nobody's perfect, we can all use some criticism whether we find it useful or not.
ReplyDeleteBy reading all the different types of approaches to revision I believe I am the rebel. I really don't like anyone telling me how to write. Bishop puts it, "Or you can try again,new, with each draft, or not revise at all." Bishop does have a good point when she says that if i adopt this style of writing I run the risk of not being read at all. However, if writing what I like enjoy writing makes me happy I'm sure that my revisions will be good enough that I will attract an audience.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI am like amy tan, i have go through many rough drafts before i get a finished project. but i think that is a good thing because practice makes best. i rework and re edit several times. i agree with bishop, one must not be afraid to experiment with writing. we should take creative criticism very lightly and not personal. embrace the peer comments and next time learn from your mistakes.
ReplyDeleteDepending on the type of writing I'm doing can change the way I revise my work. For instance, when I write essays and pieces that are based on work, or school, or even something to research will make me usually become a single drafter type of person. On the other hand, if it was a writing that I admired or something I was simply writing out of fun, I would go back to revise and rethink on ideas to make my story or work better and more appealing. Overall I think the person that may describe me the most would be Annie Dillard, since I just write and worry about it later.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Bishop's argument. I always make sure to go back and revise my work, I make sure that I don't have any mistakes and have my grammar correctly. I worry to much on getting my work done perfectly, that I don't like to spend too much time writing an essay if it going to be wrong, therefore even though I don't like to revise I still do it.
ReplyDeleteI would have to say that i fall into Amy Tan's category. I usually need to rework initial rough drafts before i get to the final draft. Im never okay with what i write so therefore i always go back and change things up. As for Wendy Bishop's argument, i highly agree with her. It is always important to go back and revise your work, at least once, to make sure there are no simple errors and to make sure your actually getting your point out right.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI strongly believe I am a romantic. I am usually unable to write without some type of inspiration, or at least talking about the topic at hand first. I like to think myself as a perfectionist, I am rarely satisfied by my work. I agree with the view that Bishop has on revision, we as student should not be afraid of sharing our work. We should embrace constructive criticism and learn to be creative and less careful when writing our drafts. The more we write the more we have to choose from, take what you need and discard what you don't.
ReplyDeleteI believe I am a single drafter because I tend to go back in every sentence and try to make sure nothing is misspelled or needs work. By the time I finish the essay I tend to have little mistakes.
ReplyDeleteI think that I'm a Pragmatist like Annie Dillard, because just write, and worry later. When I'm writing I just make sure that I'm in the right topic and that I'm filling the page. When I have finished my work, I just go back and revise it because I worry about the mistakes that I have done. I agree with the editor, Wendy Bishop, because we need to correct our mistakes so you can get better, and in order for that you need to revise and also that other people criticize your work.
ReplyDeleteI would say that I'm a single writer when it comes to a topic that I know. I believe its easy to write something creative when you know what are you going to talk about. I don't really get that much mistakes when I write, but I always try to put my ideas into a paper, write my draft and then once I finish I re-write everything, adding new ideas, discard some others that I didn't like or correcting the mistakes that I notice. Therefore, to make a better draft, and get the less amount of mistakes. I'm not looking to have a perfect draft with no mistakes, but to learn from every mistake, and get better.
ReplyDeleteI believe i am more like Virginia Woolf. I pretty much know what I'm going to write once I start and as I'm going if more ideas come up I just go back and add them. I tend do write just one draft but I do go back and revise but usually just find small mistakes. I do agree with Bishop's argument. We shouldn't be afraid to share our work or ideas because if you don't try you will never know if its good or bad. Getting others opinion can make your work sound better and learn what to do or not to do for the next time.
ReplyDeleteI'm an Annie Dillard just write, worry later. I have to write and keep going to see what kind of different ideas i can write down on paper.I don't worry about my mistakes while in the process or it making sense. When i'm done that's when i go back and pick out what i can keep or get rid off and fix all my mistakes.I agree with Bishops, revision is a must to have a great piece of work.
ReplyDeleteI believe I am a single drafter because I tend to go back in every sentence and try to make sure nothing is misspelled or needs work. When I finish my work I tend to have little to no mistakes. I will most likely not change my way of revising but Bishop's way is can be very successful because you read it many more times.
ReplyDeleteI personally am a single drafter its takes me a real hard time admit that my writing still needs some work. When i start to write i honestly think i am writing a masterpiece, i will go on and on getting into my own little mood of writing where i cant stop. Yet in the end I look back and i see error after error, and since i can be so lazy i pick the easy way out and every one knows what that is. the (abc) check, i really hope this year can change my reaction towards revising and hopefully become more of a Bishop instead of an Amy Tan.
ReplyDeleteI personally believe I am like Amy Tan. I usually always go back and forth trying to revise everything, making sure I didn't make any major mistakes or rewriting from the first paragraph till the ending until they're complete. I know myself and my writing and usually when i'm sitting down thinking what to write next, I always have to go back and re-edit anything that I missed out on. Sometimes I don't always revise because of certain reasons, but I still try my best at it when it comes to writing essays.
ReplyDeleteI think that as a writer, I am like Amy Tan, I try to write a good first draft, but I always have to go back, revise, and rewrite drafts with the help of the opinions of others to make my writings better. I don't think that my first drafts would ever be acceptable as they are and that I should always try to improve them. I also think that I am in many ways like Virginia Woolf, I contemplate and learn more about the subject I am writing as I write it. My ideas continually change and develop, and I try to go back many times to change them and make them better.
ReplyDeletei am a person that has to rework initial rough drafts. i never really like the drafts that i do and i completely rewrite the whole essay till i find it to be "good" to show to other peers or teachers.
ReplyDeleteI tend to believe that i am a single drafter. i feel as if my initial paper is good enough and doesn't need a lot of revising. In reality i know my paper does need a lot of work before its turned in. saying all this i feel like im a single drafter, but really im a writer who needs to revise and edit my work. i agree with Bishop in the sense that we need to constantly look over are work and receive feedback from others.
ReplyDeleteI feel im more like Amy Tan because i always rewrite my essays as much as i can when its possible. I think that Bishop's arguement is good because every time we revise our work we make it better.
ReplyDeleteI am for the most part a single draft writer, mostly because I have the tendancy to write only once I'm certain of what it is I want to say. In some cases when I'm unsure of the topic at hand I will take more time to revise and improve my paper to the best of my ability.
ReplyDeleteI consider myself as a single drafter because i never re-edit my essays. To me i think that the forst time i did okay. Might not be all true but i feel that the best work is what you write when you are thinking about it. Right then and there
ReplyDeleteFor me it depends on what it is i am doing. A page essay single draft, a five page research paper i will have no life. But for the most part I agree with everyone else, first time will always be the best most truthful thing you will write. No point in going back to alter what you naturally think to make it suit someone else.
ReplyDeleteI think i am a single drafter, because before i write a sentence i expend a lot of time organizing my ideas. i think too much when writing a paper i always want to do it perfectly at the first time, so i don't have to edit it at the end. I had to admit that once for a class i was required to go to the writing center to revise my work and i really saw the difference that revision did to my paper.
ReplyDeletei would say i am more like Amy Tan, because i always think to much on what to write about. i would write a paragraph and revise it till it makes sence. when i would finish with the essay i do the same thing i revise it and take it to others so they could help me out. because i am not that good in writing and the help of others helps me see my mistakes and what things i could do to improve my essay.
ReplyDeleteI am a single drafter, mainly because of my chronic laziness. I write essays and do not go back to revise them because, although it may not be perfect, i believe it is good enough to get me by. Although what i am contradicts what the argument says, i agree with the argument. The way you see your paper, as your writing it, is just a bunch of random thoughts put together to make an essay and you may not realize that it is faulty. You should go back and reread and correct what you write because that will help you to see mistakes you may have not noticed while writing the paper.
ReplyDeleteRevision Q&R
ReplyDeleteView Brian Elliott's comment
I believe I am more like Virginia Woolf. she likes to know what she is going to write about before she starts, like brainstorming in your head. I like to know what I am going to write down on a piece of paper before i actually write it down. I agree with Bishop's argument because I personally don't like to revise but like she says in her book, we do it without even noticing it, every time we erase a word or a punctuation all the little things are revising and you may not know it. I agree with bishop about revising being important. If it doesnt make sense to you, do you think it will make sense to the audience reading your written work? We are all humans and we all make mistakes and it does help to revise a paper before turning it in. Revising could make a big difference as in getting an A or a B-.
ReplyDeleteRevise Q&R
ReplyDeleteSome writers who are just beginning believe that a first draft is perfect. This may be fine for some situations but in most it can be far from the truth. "If you like to write for yourself only, that is a different matter- you can make it any length, and write it in any way you wish; but then you will probably have to be content with the pleasure alone of having written it." She implies if you don't revise you will be the only one reading it. Giving your paper a purpose will give people a reason to read it. Having someone else revise your paper can lead to more detailed ideas for your purpose. Therefore, a good explanation for the motto "two heads are better than one." Not revising your work may lead to a conflicted audience. Having a genre will lead to a clearer purpose and a defined audience. Revision is needed for all authors because people make mistakes. So why is revision so important?
I definatly agree with Annie Dillard. When i write a paper my brain is exploding with ideas, Therefore, i always have to gather all information on a piece of paper. For me writting is a little reversed. I always know the ending of the story before i get started so i start from the bottem up. I also like Amy Tan's arguement because i find myself revising my papers all the time. I don't look so much for grammatical errors. I search more for filling in the blanks. My biggest question when revising is, did i get the point across?
ReplyDeleteI would be a single drafter writer. I’m not a very good writer so I try to spend as little to no time as possible with writing. One way of doing that is being a single drafter writer, just write the paper once forget about it and pray you get an A. Bishop's argument to me is very new and a little a scary, the idea of going over every piece of writing you do to get it better and better seems like a never ending process. I think It might be a little too much writing for me.
ReplyDeleteIf anything I am an Amy Tan. It takes more than three times to rewrite an essay to make me pleased with it. I am very picky with my words which is why my first drafts usually have more scribbles than actual words. What I mainly do is write my first draft with a kind of casual writing, just to get me started. Then I rewrite it with better grammer and vocabulary until I get it perfect. Its a long process but I'm always pleased with my work and my grade.
ReplyDeleteTo enrich and upgrade your writing you must revise. Whether you spend hours or a even few minutes revising, your ideas result in better developed ideas. Revision occurs in human nature and without out it we cannot move further. I believe everyone knows it’s the best and more the responsible thing to do, it just so happens I don’ t revise. Wardle explains why a writer often postpones or avoids revision. I stoped and looked at myself, and every important choice I have ever made, and hated myself. Why don’t I strive for better when I understand what better can do for me? This article puzzled me and I believe I was no where near the vicinity of my potiental. The day man discovered fire to the day of today, revision has played an important role in our progress.
ReplyDeleteIn reading the introduction of "Acts of Revision" Eat Like an Owl I found myself agreeing with Bishop in reference to revising our work. When she asks what kind of writer are you I found myself answering that I am like a melting pot for most of the writing types. I "rework my initial rough draft", I "learn what I want to say as I write", and I "gather information that other sources provide"(vi). But I guess I am most like Paul Valery "somewhere in between"(vi).
ReplyDeleteDanika I agree with you in that I too have to rewrite my work three or more times. However, I usually try to write my first draft as though it is the one I will turn in so that I make it sound professional but I do not really worry too much about the grammar or spelling until I finish with the first draft. Then that is when I go back and read and revise and then I continue to revise until I am satisfied or I feel I can not revise anymore.
ReplyDelete